Friday 18 October 2013

My completed school magazine


This is my completed school magazine. I called it 'EEHS Snapshot' because it is catchy and is the theme of the magazine, photography. It is in the  I have included the Epsom and Ewell logo on the front to make it look professional. At the top of the magazine it has a clear eye-catching headline 'Whats hot. Whats new. All in this weeks EEHS Snapshot' this catches the audience's eye as it flows well and is exciting to find whats new in the photography department. I have used high key colours because it shows a clear layout and makes the magazine and the school look proffesional and welcoming. 

I used a main image for the background, which is of sixthform students looking at their photography work they have achieved and show proud expressions on their faces. It also shows a student looking at her camera which shows shes interested in what shes doing and relates to the topic of the magazine. I have also included 4 photos, three of sixthform students using resources in school and a photograph that a student has taken which will also included inside the magazine as a poster. The images I have taken give a true insight of what the students are up to and introduces the subject to parents who may want to see how well their children are doing and also for future students who might want to take photography as an A-level option.

The headlines I have used are catchy 'Practice makes perfect' ,'students get creative' ,  'interested in finding out what makes photography good?' . These are all encouraging headlines and allows the reader to make you want to read it. The use of a rhetorical question allows the customer to think and stop, ''yes i do want to find out what makes photography good.''

I have included featured stories on the front cover 'Cameron at work using his new Photoshop skills' this makes the reader want to buy it as they may want to know about this useful software and may want to try it themselves, or if its a parent they may want to see how well students are doing.

If I could improve my magazine, I would add a more exciting picture on the cover as photography is a fun subject. I would add a photograph of students taking photos that inspire them to show that they are going out and exploring rather than looking over the photos they have taken. I would also add a competition to it to make it more exciting to get students involved and can win stuff.

My magazine went well and I followed my plan as I used bright colours, included featured stories, stuck with the layout of the magazine and used the pictures I wanted to use, catchy headlines and included a free poster inside. However I did say I would have a feature story of sixthform students getting involved with the younger years showing them how to use the different aspects of a camera.



                 My plan for magazine 


No comments:

Post a Comment